Yes, I am a lover of rust! I find all these wonderful pieces many times on my walks. On occasion I will be 'gifted' with something by a friend who knows my quirks.
LOCAL NEW MEXICO AND COLORADO EVENTS:
- "Pressing Through Time" continues at the Harwood Museum in Taos, NM through January 4th, 2016
- "Taos Folk Pop-Up Store" continues through December 24th at the Stables Gallery in Taos
- "Lighting of Ledoux" in Taos is December 5th. This is a annual event where galleries open their doors and light hundreds of farolitos along the historic street in Taos' oldest art district.
- "Holiday on the High Road" featuring High Road artists begins Saturday December 5th through the end of the month at Light Mountain Gallery in Penasco, NM
- "Observing the Withdrawn" a mixed media installation by Todd Christensen is on view through January 4th, 2016 at the ART.i.factory in Santa Fe, NM
- Nisa Touchon Fine Art in Santa Fe will have their monthly collage party on December 5th from 6 to 9 p.m. $15.00 charge
- "Exquisite Corpse" exhibit continues at the Nisa Touchon Fine Art Gallery in Santa Fethrough December 12th
- The Santa Fe Book Arts Group Contemporary Book Arts Exhibit continues at the Capitol Building Rotunda through December 11th. It's a real WOW!
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITS:
- "Hannelore Baron: Collage and Assemblage runs though December 24th at the Jack Rutberg Fine Arts in Los Angeles
- "Chaos and Control" the ceramics of Jay Kvapil will be on view at the Couturier Gallery in Los Angeles through December 23rd
- "45 Years of Bookarts" continues through January 10th, 2016 at the Center for the Book in San Francisco
- Laszlo Layton's prints created using a large format camera and the cyanotype method then hand painted will be on view at the Ottosen Gallery in Phoenix, Arizona's Desert Botanical Gardens
- "Art on Paper/Miami Project" will be on view at the Deauville Beach Resort in Miami from December 1st through the 6th.
- The Jewish Museum in New York City presents the exhibit titled "Unorthodox" through March 27th, 2016
- New York MOMA continues "Picasso Sculpture" through February 7th, 2016
- "Alexander Calder: Performing Sculpture" continues through April 3rd, 2016 at Tate Modern, London
- "Works to Know by Heart: Matisse in Focus" continues through May 2nd at Tate Modern, Liverpool
- Ai Weiwei's exhibit continues through December 13th at the Royal Academy of Arts in London through December 13th
- "White" and exhibit of the ceramics of Edmund de Waal continues at the Royal Academy of Arts in London through January 3rd, 2016
MUST NOT MISS:
- This totally 'wowed' me...check out the following website to see Tokyo's latest contribution to artists: http://thisiscolossal.com/2015/11/japanese-pigment-store/
- Are you a ceramics fan? Check out www.janakilarsen.com for phenomenal finishes and glazes
- Andy Goldsworthy has a new book that documents many of his nature pieces titled "Ephemeral Works: 2004-2014
- Last but not least, a site selling unique curiosities: www.obsolete.com This may be a good source for installation and mixed media artists
Once again it is time to leave you until the next month. Should you have questions about techniques or any processes used in my pieces, you may contact me at:
To view all artwork and pricing, please view my website at: www.thefullcirclestudio.com
Enjoy your holiday season and flaunt your creativity!