July has been an interesting month. I continue to experiment with different aspects of creativity.
Another venture is to find interesting ways to present my blog to feed your curiosity.
- This month's blog will include artist events both locally, nationally and internationally.
- A piece I had set aside for more inspiration has finally come to fruition in the form of "Let There Be Peace".
- A new collage titled "A Simple Life" was created without the use of adhesives. Instead, primitive embroidery stitches were used to adhere the papers. This piece was inspired by the Japanese artist, Junko Oki.
- Two pieces in my "Collection Series" are now completed.
I hope you enjoy what follows as much as I did creating it.
LET THERE BE PEACE
They are strong and I admire their ability to stand in the face of fear without a waiver.
If I were not consumed with apathy would I be able to make a difference?
Or would I run and hide?
Life is too short to sit back and let the world pass me by. Shall I take a risk as those before?
The time is now to test my strength and try to stand strong.
A small effort is better than none.
A SIMPLE LIFE
Contemporary life can lead to emptiness...a void. Humanity is drained from the human spiritand overcome with the nothingness. All hope can vanish and without hope there is nothing.
With effort, the spirit can be renewed and revitalized.
A difference can be made.
THE COLLECTION SERIES
- July 31 - August 2 - "Collector of Memory" - an open studio at the home of Gail Rieke in Santa Fe, New MexicoHours are 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. each day. Email Gail at email@example.com for directions.
- Through August - Zachariah Rieke will be showing at the Wade Wilson Gallery in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- August 5 - 31 - Kai Harper and Joel Lage will have a pop-up show at the old post office next to the general store in Truchas, New Mexico. Opening reception is Sunday, August 9 at 4 p.m. The gallery will be open 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily with the exception of being closed on Tuesday. Kai will be showing her dream-sequence acrylics and Joel will be showing his acrylics on cardboard.
- Through August 9 - "Killer Heels - The Art of the High Heeled Shoe" will be on exhibit at the Albuquerque Museum in Albuquerque, New Mexcio.
NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL EVENTS
- Through September 27, the Royal Academy of Arts in London, England presents "Wanderlust" an exhibit of collages and boxes created by the late, great Joseph Cornell.
- Through September 7, Yoko Ono's "One Woman Show, 1960-1971 is available for viewing at MOMA in New York City.
- Through October 19, Jeff Koons "A Retrospective" will be shown at the Whitney in New York City.
MUST NOT MISS
Taschen books has published "The Art of Burning Man". Photographs by Canadian photographer, N.K. Guy covering the Burning Man event in Nevada from 1998 to 2014.
My website is now available for viewing and the monthly blog will also be available on the website at www.thefullcirclestudio.com
Please check it out.
Until next month, C-R-E-A-T-E!