August has come and gone. September rushes us towards autumn and a quieter time...a time for creativity.
In August I attended the "Killer Heels: The Art of the High-heeled Shoe" at the Museum of Albuquerque. It was absolutely fascinating. What torture women put themselves through for the sake of fashion. I no longer wear those "fashionable" shoes but still appreciate their whimsy and aesthetics. As a result of this exhibit, I did two pieces using some Polaroid transfers I did of an art shoe exhibit in 2002 at ArtFest in Port Townsend, Washington. I will explain the process later but first another piece I completed in August.
Now are you ready for a "really big shoe?"
Now are you ready for my pieces? They are totally whimsical and I had fun doing them. I took slides then transferred them onto Polaroid film. Then the images were rolled out onto watercolor paper and I enhanced the color with colored pencils.
- Through September 10th, Zachariah Rieke's exhibit of new paintings continues at the Wade Wilson gallery in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Through September 12th, the Artes des Cartes show of recyled art is on view at the Stables Gallery in Taos, New Mexico.
- September 5, 6, and 7is the Open Studio Tour for member of TAO in Taos, New Mexico.
- September 5th and 6th is the Pilar, New Mexico Studio Tour.
- September 12th and 13th is the Rio Costilla, New Mexico Studio Tour.
- September 12th and 13th is the Alameda, New Mexico Tour.
- September 11th, 12th and 13th is the Las Vegas New Mexico Studio Tour.
- September 12th and 13th is the Sandia Heights Open Studio in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- September 19th and 20th is the Poqoaque River Art Tour in New Mexico.
- September 19th and 20th is the Pecos Studio Tour in New Mexico.
- September 19th, 20th, 26th and 27th is the High Road Art Tour in New Mexico.
- October 3rd and 4th is the El Rito, New Mexico Art Tour.
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL EVENTS:
- Yoko Ono's One Woman Show continues through September 7th at Moma in New York City.
- Jeff Koons: A Retrospective continues at the Whitney in New York City through October 19th.
- Joseph Cornell's "Wanderlust exhibit continues through October 19th at the Royal Academy of the Arts in London, England.
- Warhol's Nature exhibit continues at the Crystal Bridges Museum in Arkansas.
MUST NOT MISS
Take a look at the mosaic sculptures of Michael Ferris Jr. at www.michaelferrisjr.com
For a surreal take on collage please check out Belgian artist, Sammy Slabbinck, at www.saatchiart.com
I hope you have enjoyed this post and have a wonderfully creative September. Please check out my updated website at: www.thefullcirclestudio.com