"Three Feathers" - from October, 2015 Blog
Instead of falling into the American way of consumerism, consider making your own Valentine's this year...a little cardstock, colored pencils, paper cut-outs, ribbon, or glitter...make it your own!
LOCAL COLORADO AND NEW MEXICO EVENTS
- "Wyeth: Andrew and Jamie in the Studio" at the Denver Art Museum through February 7th
- "First Folio! The Book That Gave Us Shakespeare" at the New Mexico Museum of Art in Santa Fe from February 6th through the 28th. This is part of a national tour from the Folger Shakespeare Library commemorating the 400th anniversary of the bard's death
- Coming to the Harwood Museum in Taos in May is "Mabel Dodge Luhan and Company". A publication by the Museum of New Mexico Press is available for pre-order and is expected to be ready in April. It will be a 9 x 12 hardbound books comprising 219 pages.
- The annual "Miniatures Show" begins at the Millicent Rogers Museum in Taos, New Mexico from February 5th through March 6th
- Vivo Contemporary in Santa Fe presents a new exhibit "Obsessions" through March 21st
- Nisa Touchon Fine Art in Santa Fe continues "Exquisite Corpse: The Surrealist Tendency in Collage" exhibit through February
- Nisa Touchon Fine Art in Santa Fe will also hold its monthly collage party on Valentine's Day from 1 to 4 p.m. Cost in $15.00
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITS
- Although Jack Rutberg Fine Art Gallery in Los Angeles no longer has the Hannelore Baron exhibit, they leave us with two gifts. First the exhibition catalog is available at a nominal price of $15.00 plus $3.00 shipping. The catalog is excellent and may be obtained by calling 1-323-938-5222. The gallery staff are wonderful.
Also, a fantastic video is available on YouTube. Please key in "Hannelore Baron: A Collage and Assemblage Exhibition" and enjoy.
- KP Projects, MKG in Los Angeles presents "Vivian Maier: Photos from the Maloof Collection" through February 27th
- "Andy Warhol: Life and Legends" is on view at Pepperdine University's Fredrick R. Weisman Museum of Art in Malibu, California
- "Robert Irwin: Light and Space" at the Museum of Contemporary Art in San Diego through February 21st
- "Pages: Artist's Books/Publications/Related Works" is available for viewing at the JDC Gallery in San Diego
- "Frida Kahlo: Her Photos" is at the Heard Museum in Phoenix, Arizona through February 8th
- Mardi Gras and all its creativity is Tuesday, February 9th in New Orleans, Louisiana. Enjoy colorful and artistic parades such as Endymion, Bacchus, Zulu and Rex
- "Hello! Exploring the Supercute World of Hello Kitty" is on view at Seattle's EMP Museum through May 15th
- "Picasso Sculpture" continues at New York City's MOMA through February 7th
- "Frank Stella: A Retrospective" continues at the Whitney in NYC through February 7th
- A recreation of Joan Miro's studio continues through February 12th at London's Galeria Mayoral
- "Alexander Calder: Performing Sculpture" continues at Tate Modern in London through April 3rd
- "Works to Know by Heart: Matisse in Focus" continues through May 2nd at Tate Modern in Liverpool-
The following workshops can be registered for at: www.sethapter.com
- "Artistic Artifacts (Photo Op)" with Seth Apter in Alexandria, Virginia on February 19th
- "Artistc Artifacts (Dimensional Stenciling) with Seth Apter in Alexandria on February 20th
- "Artistic Artifacts (Collage Camp) with Seth Apter in Alexandria on February 21st
The following workshops with Donna Watson can be registered at: www.venusstudiosarts.com/donna-watson.html
- 'Wabi Sabi and the Spirit of Collage" with Donna Watson will be held in Palm Desert, CA from February 14th-15th
- "Personal Expression: A Design Approach" will be also held at Palm Desert February 16th-18th
MUST NOT MISS
- Karen Landey's new art DVD "Deep in the Pool" is now available on Amazon
- In April, HBO will debut a new documentary on Robert Mapplethorpe
- For notions galore go to: www.tinseltrading.com
Before I natter on too long, I will close.
If you have any questions about my artwork, please email me at:
To view or purchase any of my pieces:
Wishing you a wonderful month ahead!