Because of post-election blues, I first had considered showcasing my protest pieces, but decided that all of us needed a break. The following pieces are more restful and hopefully will instill in you, also, a sense of peace, calm and restfulness.
In these days of confusion, consumerism, and commercialism we must each find our peace. I always have found that if I 'bury' myself in creativity I become at one with the Universe and my heart and soul begin to calm.
"The Peace Within"
Last, but not least, a tribute to the late, great Leonard Cohen
MUST NOT MISS
- Noah Scalin, author of "A Skull-A-Day" will have a new book encouraging creativity on a daily basis. "Creative Sprint: Six 30-day Challenges to Jumpstart Your Creativity" will be available in April of 2017.
- Later this month, Nobuyoshi Araki's "Hi-Nikke" which translates as 'Non-Diary Diary' will publish. Over 1,250 photo images amassed on a daily basis of Tokyo life. Available at: www.fondationcartier.com
- In Chichibu, Japan (2 hour train ride from Toyko) there is an unusual museum, Chinsekikau (Hall of Curious) which features over 1,700 stones resembling human faces.
- For a refreshing take on collage, check out Alex Lukas' website at: www.alexlukas.com
- Be mesmerized by the bookarts of Leslie Marsh at: www.leslie-marsh.com
LOCAL COLORADO AND NEW MEXICO EVENTS
- The Denver Museum of Art in Denver, Colorado has a number of interesting exhibits to view: (1) "Glory of Venice" - featuring paintings from the 1400's - 1500's, (2) "Star Wars and the Power of Costume" which features over 70 original costumes from the Star Wars series, and (3) "Shock Wave: Japanese Fashion Design of the 1980's and 90's".
- "Continuum: Light, Space and Time" continues at the Harwood Museum in Taos, New Mexico.
- "The Alchemy of Decay" continues through December 9th at the Roundhouse in Santa Fe, New Mexico. If you view any exhibit, this is the one.
- "Online/Offline" is the latest exhibit at Vivo Contemporary in Santa Fe, New Mexico through December.
- Tansey Contemporary in Santa Fe, New Mexico features through January 6th "Small Scale, Big Ideas".
- In Albuquerque, New Mexico, the Mariposa Gallery features the new paintings of Diana Stetson through December.
- Shelby Pizarro is currently exhibiting at the Dillsburg Public Library in Dillsburg, Pennsylvania through January 31, 2017. The exhibit showcases her many techniques in collage.
- Sandra Koening will be featuring her unique jewelry stylings at the Covington Latin School in Covington, Kentucky at their Christmas art sale on December 4th only from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Through January 2, 2017, Shenna Shepard's whimsical assemblage animals are the window display at the American Folk Art Museum in New York City.
- "Agnes Martin" continues through January 11, 2017 at the Gugenheim in New York City.
- "The Art of American Dance" continues at Crystal Bridges Museum in Bentonville, Arkansas through January 16, 2017.
- "Shoes: Pleasure and Pain" will be on view at the Peabody-Essex Museum in Salem, Massachusetts through March 2, 2017.
- "Surreal/Unreal" at Jack Rutberg Fine Arts in Los Angeles, California features works of Miro, Ernst, Margritte and much more through December 24th.
- Continuing at the Kunstmuseum Basel in St. Alben-Graben, Switzerland is "The Figurative Pollock" through January 8th, 2017.
- "Chihuly: From Sand. From Fire. Comes Beauty" continues at the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto, Ontario, Canada through January 8, 2017.
- "Abstract Impressionism" is on view at the Royal Academy of Arts in London, England through January 7, 2017.
- "Pushing Boundaries: Dine, Graves, Lichtenstein, Raushenberg and Rosenquist" continues through January 22, 2017 at the Farnsworth Art Museum in Melbourne, Australia.
All my artwork is available at: www.thefullcirclestudio.com
You may contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In closing I wish you all a holiday season filled with peace, joy and compassion.