How many times have you heard "Variety is the spice of life"? This was my 'theme' for my September artwork which is quite varied.
There are many artists whose work you can easily identify for the fact that most of the pieces have similar imagery. The artists from my area that come to mind are Erin Currier, Ed Sandoval, R.C. Gorman, etc. In all honesty, I become stale if I stay with one form and, therefore, this month is different from many of my past blogs.
I hope you will enjoy the following pieces. Please check out all the happenings across the globe after viewing my latest work. We are a very mobile society...currently I have friends visiting in Germany, Austria, and Italy and one leaves shortly for Switzerland and Spain. For this reason, I share exhibitions to entice those travelers.
The above pieces and all available artwork may be viewed at: www.thefullcirclestudio.com I may be contacted at: email@example.com
MUST NOT MISS
- The newly opened African America Museum at the Smithsonian in Washington, D.C.
- Opening for tours on October 6th is the Prince museum " at Paisley Park in Chanhassen, MN
- Take a road trip to the Noah Purifoy Outdoor Desert Museum at Joshua Tree, CA
- The Museum of Whimsy is now open in Astoria, Oregon
- Check out the beautifully intricate laser cut art of Gabriel Shama at: www.gabrielschama.com
- The fabulous paper art vessels, cups, constellations, etc. of Cecilia Levy may be viewed at: www.cecilialevy.com
- Using letters and, alas, scissors Annie Vought creates lace-like works of art. View her website at: www.annievought.com
- Beautiful fused glass art like none other may be viewed at: www.ambercowan.com
- A deluxe edition of "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" illustrated by Salavador Dali is available in hardcover at Amazon
LOCAL COLORADO AND NEW MEXICO EVENTS
- "Shock Wave" Japanese fashion design of the 1980's and 1990's will be on view through May 28th, 2017 at the Denver Museum of Art, Denver, Colorado
- "Pressing On" featuring 16 contemporary Taos, New Mexico printmakers at the Stables Gallery, Taos, New Mexico
- The El Rito Studio Tour takes place through Sunday, October 2nd in El Rito, New Mexico
- "Non-Objective Taos" may be viewed at 203 Fine Art through October 10th featuring: Shaun Richel, Mimi Chen Ting, Marcia Oliver, Lisa Burge, and Peter Chinni in Taos, New Mexico
- Through October 31st, Vivo Contemporary presents "The Space Within" in Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Meow Wolf's "House of Halloween"opens every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in October from 6 to 9 p.m. It features 3 hours of incredible costumes, dance, music, and performance art.
- The New York Film Festival continues through October 16th in New York City
- Cirque de Soleil's "Kurios: Cabinet of Curiosities" (a Steampunk extravaganza) can be experienced at New York's Randalls Island through November 27th
- In the spirit of Halloween, Cornelia Parker's "Psycho House" will be on view through October 31st at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City
- Last chance to view "Cindy Sherman: Imitation of Life" which closes at The Broad in Los Angeles, California on October 2nd
- "Metamorphosis of Altered Books" can be viewed at the Fuller Craft Museum in Brockton, Massachusetts through November 6th
- Through October 16th the San Francisco Center for the Book introduces 20 emerging book artists in "20/20 Vision"
- "Pipe Dreams" works by George Herms, master of junk assemblage on view from October 1 - 29 at the Orange County Center for Contemporary Art in Los Angeles, California
- "Georgia O'Keeffe" is on view at the Tate Modern in London, England through October 30th
- The Monsalvat Arts Festival will be held October 16th in Eltham, VIC, Australia
- "The Art of Banksy" will be on view from October 2, 2016 through January 22, 2017 at Mel's Federation Square in Melbourne, Australia
- "Revolving Binary Forces" the work of Lin Chi-Wei famous for fantastic multimedia constructions is on view through October 8th at Hanart TZ Gallery in Hong Kong
- "Fine Art Asia Art Fair" will be held from October 2nd - 6th at the HK Convention and Exhibition Center in Hong Kong
- "Chihuly: From Sand. From Fire. Comes Beauty" on view at the Royal Ontario Museum of Art in Toronto, Ontario, Canada through January 2, 2017
This concludes this month's blog. I wish you a month of 'hallowed events' and creativity.