According to my online dictionary, Abstract Art is "...art that does not attempt to represent external reality, but seeks to achieve its effect using shapes, forms, colors and texture."
There have been many prominent abstract artists throughout time. Among them are Picasso, Rothko, Frankenthaler, Miro, O'Keeffe to name a few. Abstract art is a pull for me...that of others and for my own work. A dear friend and I when traveling to Santa Fe's Canyon Road tend to choose those galleries with contemporary or abstract art rather than landscapes and still life.
This month I present to you three recent abstracts that I have created. I hope you find them both interesting and appealing.
MUST NOT MISS
- The world over you will find prominent artist's studios open to the public. To name a few: Francis Bacon in Dublin, Ireland, Jackson Pollock and Lee Kramer in East Hampton, New York, Renee Margritte in Brussels, Belgium, Joan Miro in Mallorca, Spain and Georgia O'Keeffe in Abiqui, New Mexico.
- Disney has a new line of wedding dresses for fans of the many princesses in his animated movies.
- There is a Dr. Seuss Museum in Springfield, MA.
- Now available on Amazon, "Calder: The Conquest of Time" The book reveals the radical side of the artist.
- The Denver Art Museum, Denver, Colorado continues the photography exhibit of Fazal Sheikh through November 12th.
- "Future Shock" at Site Santa Fe is on view through May 1, 2018 in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- The Santa Fe Book Art Show is on view at the Roundhouse through December 15th in Santa Fe, New Mexico. This is an absolutely phenomenal exhibit that you will not want to miss.
- Vivo Contemporary's latest show "Untitled" is on view in Santa Fe, New Mexico through January 16th, 2018.
- "Divergent Works" may be seen at the Harwood Museum of Art, Taos, New Mexico through January 14th, 2018.
- The grand opening of Calypso Gallery and Academy of Art, Abilene, Texas will be from 5 to 9 p.m. on November 3rd. It will feature the work of one of our subscribers, ELIZABETH BOGART of Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Yayoi Kusam's "Festival of Life and Infinity Nets" is featured at the Brata Gallery, New York City from November 2nd through December 16th.
- The Broad Museum in Los Angeles, California features the Joshua Light Show on November 2, 3 and 4.
- The Seattle Art Museum presents "Andrew Wyeth: In Retrospect" through January 15th, 2018
- Gerhard Richter's "About Paint" may be viewed through February 18th, 2018 at S.M.A.K. in Ghent, Belgium.
- The work of 150 female graphic artists is on view at the London Transport Museum, London, England through January 20th, 2018.
- The Victoria and Albert Museum pays tribute to the late, great Prince featuring his black floral-patterned high heeled shoes that the 5'3" artist designed himself.
In closing, I wish you a happy Thanksgiving. May this month be filled to overflowing with creativity whether abstract or other forms.
You may contact me with any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All my art may be viewed at: www.thefullcirclestudio.com