"When the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." - Leonardo da Vinci
All of us will experience times when Spirit doesn't work with our hands. This month found me there. We can either continue to work and accept what transpires or we can take a break to find our Spirit again.
After doing two "Artist's Way" workshops I decided to do 3 quick collages a day rather than writing 3 pages a day. This has helped me stay on track but there are still times when the inspiration or Spirit is not there. It's time to take a break and go out to galleries or museums or just a little road trip...Spirit is everywhere.
This month's artwork was inspired by many things and I present the pieces here.
- The Brooklyn Art Library is filled with artist's books. There are currently 162,081 pieces and anyone can donate their books.
- Check out www.patrickcabral.com to see the phenomenal wildlife paper sculptures of Patrick Cabral.
- Renoir's summer home re-opens June 3 in Essoyes, France.
- The Denver Art Museum presents "Shade" - the works of Clyfford Still and Mark Bradford through July 16th in Denver, Colorado.
- The Albuquerque Museum of Art is currently exhibiting the works on paper of Native American artists through November 5th in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- "Co-existing Realities continues at Vivo Contemporary in Santa Fe, New Mexico through July 15th.
- "Masterpieces of Japanese Bamboo Art" is on view at Tai Modern in Santa Fe, New Mexico from June 14th - July 6th.
- "Mirror, Mirror: Photographs of Frida Kahlo" will be on view at the Museum of Spanish Colonial Art in Santa Fe, New Mexico through October 29th.
- Crystal Bridges in Bentonville, Arkansas will be exhibiting the work of Dale Chihuly. "Chihuly In the Gallery and In the Forest" will be shown from June 3rd through August 14th and "Chihuly in the Forest" will continue through November 13th.
- The Broad Museum in Los Angeles, California presents "Oracle" through September 3rd. Contemporary artists respond to the world around us.
- The Norton Simon Museum in Pasadena, California presents "Maven of Modernism: Galka Sheyer in California" through September 25th.
- "Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera" continues at the Heard Museum in Phoenix, Arizona through August 20th.
- The St. Louis Art Museum presents "The Hats of Stephen Jones' through September 4th.
- "The Beguiling Siren" continues at MOMA in Warsaw, Poland through June 18th. This exhibit contains the works of Picasso, Bourgeois, and Tillman.
- "Giacometti" is on view at the Tate in London, England through September 10th.
Closing time is here. Enjoy the month ahead and fill it with your Spirit.
If you have any questions you may contact me at: email@example.com
To view my art portfolio: www.thefullcirclestudio.com