Currently the late, great U.S.A. has had a lot of conflicts between citizens. I decided not to do protest pieces and instead celebrate differences, love and contemplation in my artwork.
Webster's defines conflict as being antagonistic, incompatible, or contradictory. There are indeed some things that are unacceptable differences. Nazis on our own soil is the one I find most unacceptable. We fought in Germany to rid that country of Nazis and there should be no place for them in our country. But in each and everyone of us there is the desire to lead a happy and healthy life - a commonality. My greatest desire is that one day there will be an end to greed and power...maybe unrealistic but still my desire.
I hope you enjoy the pieces I share.
"Contemplating the World"
MUST NOT MISS
- Ai Weiwei's refugee film will soon stream on Netflix.
- Did you know that New York City has a museum of sex?
- DaVinci's "The Codex Arundel" is now available on line through the British Library.
- HBO is set to premiere a documentary about Andy Warhol titled "Brillo Box (3 Cents Off)".
- Yayoi Kusama is opening her own museum in Tokyo. It will open on October 1st.
- The Denver Museum of Contemporary Art will feature "Saber Acomodar: Art and Workshops of Jalisco 1915 to Now" beginning September 15th in Denver, Colorado.
- "Community" continues at Vivo Contemporary in Santa Fe, New Mexico until September 5th. "The Rich World of Perception begins on the 6th through October 31.
- Tansey Contemporary in Santa Fe, New Mexico features the phenomenal works of Ron Adler through the entire month of September.
- "The Errant Eye" continues through September 17th at the Harwood Museum in Taos, New Mexico.
- The Taos Community Auditorium Encore Gallery features Sang Roberson's "Migration" through September 3rd.
- Crystal Bridges Museum in Bentonville, Arkansas continues "Chihuly: In the Forest" through November 13th.
- The Art Center College Williamson Gallery in Santa Barbara, California continues "Eclipse" through September 10th.
- The Cleveland Museum of Art" opens on September 1st with "Rodin: 100 Years" through May 13th of 2018 in Cleveland, Ohio.
- "Mark Rothko: Reflection" will open at the Museum of Fine Art in Boston, Massachusetts from September 24th through September 3rd of 2018.
- MOMA in San Francisco will feature "Walker Evans" beginning September 30th through February 4th, 2018.
- Through September 23rd only in the vaults under London you may view "Alice in Wonderland". There are 4 different journeys that will take you into the magical world of Alice.
- "Drawn in Color: Degas from the Burrell" begins September 20th through May 7th of 2018 at the National Gallery, London, England.
- "Jasper Johns: Something Resembling Truth" will be featured at the Royal Academy of Arts, London, England from September 23rd to December 10th.
- "An Eames Celebration" will be featured at the Vitra Design Museum in Weil am Rhine, Denmark from September 30th through February 25, 2018.
- "LIfe? Or Theater? A Play with Music" will feature the work of Charlotte Salomon beginning October 20th through March 25th, 2018 at the Jewish Historical Museum in Amsterdam.
In closing, I wish peace for one and all.
You may contact me through my website at: www.thefullcirclestudio.com or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org