This month's blog I will title "INSPIRE AND BE INSPIRED".
Throughout my career as an artist I have been inspired by other artists. A major pet peeve of mine is when artists are unwilling to share their ideas or techniques with others. Years ago I took a workshop and the artist in charge would not tell me how they had done a particular piece. Later I found another artist in the same field who kindly shared with me the technique.
Share your ideas; share your techniques. It would be quite unusual to find that the pieces were identical...maybe similar, but not the same. It is a compliment that someone is so taken by your work that they would want to know how to do it. You would be their source of inspiration and possibly be encouraging a future great artist.
This month I am doing something quite different. I will present a piece by a well know artist that has inspired me and follow with the piece I created as a result of that inspiration.
The below piece is what I created as a result of Romare Bearden's piece above.
"The Road Home"
My piece inspired by the above.
As you see from the above, the pieces by Bearden, Tawney, and Baron inspired me but mine are quite different.
Share the joy of CREATIVITY!
MUST NOT MISS
- Taschen has just released "Diego Rivera: The Complete Murals" claiming it is the most comprehensive study of his work to date.
- Check out the wonderful world of color with artist, Katlin Kirker at www.katlinkirkerart.com It will 'wow' you.
- Diego Rodriguez-Warner "Honestly Lying" will be on view at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Denver, Colorado through May 13th.
- "Degas: A Passion for Perfection" continues at the Denver Art Museum through May 20th in Denver, Colorado.
- "Renewal" continues at Vivo Contemporary through March 13th, in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- "Geometry of Spirit", the works of Robbie Steinbach continues at the Taos Inn, Taos, New Mexico through May 13th.
- "The Harwood Collection: Work by Women" continues at the Harwood Museum of Art through May 13th.
- "Birds of a Feather" (Joseph Cornell's Tribute to Juan Gris) continues at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City through April 14th.
- "Soul of a Nation" continues at Crystal Bridges Museum in Bentonville, Arkansas through April 23rd.
- "Jasper Johns: Something Resembling Truth" continues at the Broad Museum in Los Angeles, California through May 13th.
- "One Basquiat" is on view at the Brooklyn Museum in New York City through May 11th.
- "Robert Raushenberg: Erasing the Rules" continues at MOMA in San Francisco, California through March 25th.
- "Hope to Nope: Graphics and Politics" begins at the Design Museum in London, England on March 28th.
- The Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto, Ontario, Canada continues its celebration of Christian Dior's 70th Anniversary through March 18th.
In closing, inspiration can be found in exhibits, art books, etc. Inspire and be inspired...share the gift of creativity.
You may contact me any time at: email@example.com
My available work can be viewed at: www.thefullcirclestudio.com